Well, These delicious recipes are perfect for for both casual, sit-down family meals and special occasions that deserve exceptional food.
If you are also a fan of lasagna so definitely you will love this recipe for your family dinner.
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 package (14 ounces) breakfast turkey sausage links, casings removed and crumbled
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 9 wholewheat lasagna noodles
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Additional minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic, sugar, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, Parmesan and parsley. Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a 13×9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with 3 noodles, half of the cheese mixture, 1-1/3 cups sauce and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until bubbly. Top with provolone and remaining mozzarellacheese. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with additional parsley.